Quickie DIY: Tunic top inspired by Tory Burch

This weekend allowed me a little bit of free time, so I did a "quicky DIY". I bought a tunic top earlier this week from Village Thrift, in Pennsauken NJ. This top was brand new, with its original tags, by Dana Buchman.



I don't know what price Kohl's was asking, but Village Thrift wanted $9.90. But.... lucky me.... the orange color tag was one of their three color tags that was on sale for 50% off! Woo hoo!!!!





I really liked the look of it.... nice color, nice cut, and a linen-cotton blend. It even came with a belt.



But, it reminded me of Tory Burch tunics I've seen, and I wanted to modify it a little. So, off to Hobby Lobby.... and I found this cute package of daisy flower trim on clearance.





 I attached the trim to the tunic top with permanent fabric adhesive. I have plenty left over to be used with a latest project.


Ta-dah!!! Saint Salvage strikes again! It took me about 30 minutes to pin the trim, glue it, then wait for it to dry, and then unpin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT