My creation: A Turquoise and Natural Coral Choker

I have the pleasure of visiting Long Beach Island, NJ at the beginning of each summer. I have special places that I "must visit" while I'm there. But the highlight of every visit is stopping by Just Bead It. The location closest to the beach house we use is on 1305 Long Beach Boulevard, in North Beach Haven. They have a dizzying array of beads and findings, kits, tools, books and videos, and pre-made jewelry made by local artisans. They also have workshops! I want to take one soon.

Anyway..... I bought Red Coral, 16" Chip Strand, a 2" long chunk of turquoise, a silver hook clasp, and 18" of Beadalon. I really liked the contrast of the cool, soft and bumpy turquoise with the orange-red spiky coral chips.


This is what I did:
I put on on end of the clasp on the Beadalon, along with a crimp bead.



Then.... on went half of the coral chips. The turquoise chunk went on as the focal point, followed by the other half of the coral chips.













Finally, the hook end of the clasp went on, and was finished with another crimp bead.



















Here's the finished product, on me:




So..... what do you think? I can make more.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT