Lovin' my vintage Coach "Willis" bag

Isn't interesting that Coach is getting back to its classier and historic roots?



I guess they're tired of riding the wave of conspicuous consumption "logo whores"? I'm really glad they are. I do like a quality label, but I don't like the things I own to BROADCAST it. Hello.... tacky!!!! Anyway.... I have a 1993 Coach bag (in British tan) in my personal collection (photo below). I added a modern chocolate leather Coach tag and a modern Coach ladybug charm for a little bit of fun color.


I've had this bag for several years now, so I wanted to verify that it was real. So, I hit up Purseblogforum. Below is a close-up photo of my creed, with serial number of A9C-9927. I found one that is darker than mine being sold on eBay Authentic COACH Medium Brown Leather STATION WILLIS Brief Bag




Anyway..... I am so thrilled that I bought this bag at an estate sale a couple years back for $10. The "New Willis" bags are going for $298.00 + tax. So.... classic isn't boring; it's classy!

Comments

  1. Love these vintage coach ads (and bags!). Where did you find these old ads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! I love vintage coach i have 32 and a paid for the most expensive 40 mexican pesos (3 u.s. Dollar) and the most ship a pay only 2 pesos (.15 c u.s,)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT