Tom Ford Wild Ginger Dupe + Vintage Lipstick Case Refill

I was inspired by Va-Voom Vintage's Vintage Lipstick Refill Tutorial:
How to refill a vintage lipstick tube
 
Va-Voom Vintage's "BEFORE"
 
 
Va-Voom Vintage's "AFTER"

I also had a washer/dryer accident with my dupe for Tom Ford's "Wild Ginger" lipstick. It was melted all over the clothes in the dryer! Sniff....
Instead of crying over melted lipstick, I went into my vintage lipstick collection. I have a tube from Revlon's "Futurama" collection. The color inside was Lustrous Lipstick, named "Queen of Diamonds", similar to "Schiap" by Nars.

 
 
 
So, here's what I did. I bought a brand new tube of Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate Suede in 075, Cruise Collection. I wanted a great dupe of the Wild Ginger to fit into the vintage tube. I froze the whole tube for 3 - 4 hours. I also sanitized the vintage Colorama tube.
 


I unscrewed the tube all the way after freezing, and wrapped it with wax paper. Gentle wiggling got the lipstick out. I made sure that the Futurama refill tube was screwed all the way down. Then, I slid the Colorstay lipstick in and froze it.

 
It turned out very well. I'm very happy with it! I think I'll do this with another vintage tube I have onhand. BTW... a shout-out to Revlon.... Please consider restarting refillable lipsticks. It'll reduce your carbon footprint!

Here's some vintage ad eye candy:



Comments

  1. It’s amazing article! Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more information! Please keep sharing! And please visit haute her tips on doing makeup

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT