I went to the Goodwill Outlet store and I bought a Rainbow Vacuum for $38!

My name is Tiffany, and I am a thrift store addict. There, I said it. Yesterday, my addiction paid off. I went to the less than one month old Goodwill Outlet Store in Bellmawr, NJ.

 
It's a "picker's paradise". It's clean, well-lit, spacious and stocked with blue bins that they call "pods". I strongly suggest you go to a place like this with an open mind, and plenty of time.


Anyway..... I was so thrilled when I spied this Rainbow e-series vacuum in one of the bins, along with its attachments. My folks still have theirs, even though it was bought in the early 80s. So, I plugged it in, and wow.... it purred like a kitten. It had all the attachments, too!

It retails on Rainvac.com for $1,225.40!
 
It has 249 consumer reviews with 4 stars out of 5 stars on epinions.com
It has 95 consumer reviews 4.5 stars out of 5 stars on consumerreports.org

Once I got done "hunting" through the pods, I brought my cart onto a floor scale next to the register.
 
 
 
I ended up paying $37.62 for the vacuum (along with a Chloe vintage silk tie, a purse, some shoes, a scarf, two belts and 4 bottles of BBW Warm Vanilla body wash). It all weighed 38 pounds, at .99 per pound, and no sales tax! Woo!!!!!! What a score!!!! This store will be one of my regular "hunting spots"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT