The Hunt for the Perfect Dupe for Tom Ford's Wild Ginger Lipstick

 I am like a lot of other cosmetics-crazed females. We get obsessed with certain things of beauty, and won't rest until we get it.
 
 
 
I developed an unrequited long-distance love affair with Tom Ford's Private Blend lipstick in "Wild Ginger". I kept seeing it in different fashion magazine, taunting me.
 
(as seen in Allure Magazine)

I saw it on other blogs. I spotted this in Lauren's Beauty Blog:


I found this in Fruity Beauty:


I found this one on Design Scene:


Ack!!!! I was seeing it everywhere. I felt that I was excluded from a special, elite club; one that shops at Nordstrom (source of the photo below), and can drop $48.00 on a lipstick.



Of course, there are plenty of fans of Wild Ginger on Pinterest

So, I began the quest for the "Perfect Dupe".

This Revlon Colorburst in Coral is on Amazon. Of course, I can't swipe it.



I went to Ulta, and I saw these from Revlon.... can't swipe them.





These are Ulta's:







I found these in Sephora: Smashbox's "Tempt Me": $19.00



I smeared and swiped quite a few at both Ulta and Sephora.



 
I almost caved in when I saw this crayon:




Here's a Clinique Chubby Stick.

 
 
This is by Origins: 03, Flower Fusion Tulip.
 
 
 
Here's the swipe:
 
 



One from Bobbi Brown:




The swipe:






 

 
As a "palate cleanser", I went to Kohls, and I spotted this by American Beauty Cosmetics

 
 
 
Not enough people know this, but all these brands fall under the Estee Lauder Companies umbrella: American Beauty, Aramis, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and bumble, Clinique, Coach, Darphin, Donna Karan, Ermenegildo Zegna, Estée Lauder, Flirt!, GoodSkin Labs, Grassroots Research Labs, Jo Malone, Kiton, La Mer, Lab Series Skincare For Men, M•A•C, Michael Kors, Ojon, Origins, Prescriptives, Tom Ford, and Tommy Hilfiger.



Guess what? It's called Wild Ginger! Even better....it's $14.50! It took a couple of hours, but I found my perfect dupe! Even the tube packaging looks like the original Tom Ford packaging!
Hurray!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT