Quickie DIY: Wrapped Glass Bead Ring

 The weather was not so good this past weekend, and I've been admiring wire wrapping projects online and in books and magazines, so I decided to make a wire wrapped ring that used one of my beads from broken jewelry.
 
I had some Artistic Wire that I bought about a month ago, and wrapped it arund my ring mandrel twice.




 Then, I made the loops to secure the bead wire my round-nosed pliers.

 
I wrapped some fine gauge silver wire under the loop, and threaded it through the left loop.
 
 
I threaded it through the bead and pulled it taught. Then, through the other loop.
 
 
I wrapped the remaining portion of the wire down the other side and around the bead, and secured the tail.
 
 
Here it is from the top.
 


It took me a about 30 minutes to wrap the ring. Not too bad. I guess it's time to get more inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT