Weaving with Wire: a Pendant based on "Spotlight on Wire"

I had the pleasure of borrowing a book titled "Spotlight on Wire" from my local library. I needed inspiration, and this looked challenging.
 
 
 
So, I followed the instructions in the book. I cut the flat wire:

 
I hammered the wire with a my texturing hammer.

 
I curled up the edges, to prepare to receive the framing wire.

 
Like so.....

 
I made by own bail by wrapping 16 gauge wire around a #2 pencil. Hey.... my kids were doing their homework nearby.

 
I wove the wire, added spacers and the bail.

 
I curled some pink wire around a crochet needle, along with black freshwater pearls.

 
Then, I threaded the wire and pearls through the center of the square and added a little extra wire, and wrapped the bail around a black velvet ribbon for a necklace.

 
Tah dah!!!! It took about the hours... the weaving definitely was challenging. I wanted it to be square, after all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT