Quickie DIY Amber Ring: Parts from Kabela Design

I had the pleasure of attending the Innovative Beads Expo on 12/02/12. It was held in
 
815 Justison St, Wilmington, DE 19801 
 
 
It's located right next to the Daniel S. Frawley Stadium
 
 


I checked out many different vendors, and one of the vendors I visited and purchased from is Kabela Design (also on Facebook and Twitter). I settled on some cool filigree cones (I'll do a project with those later), and this cute yellow faceted cube
 
 
It was wrapped in filigree that Kabela Design calls Lovely.
 
 Here it is from the top side.

 
I bought some Vintaj Parawire from Millville, NJ's Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago (40% off the listed price of $4.99)

 
I cut off three pieces of wire and wrapped them 3/4 of the way around a ring mandrel, to match my size of 7 1/2. Then, I wrapped 24 ga wire around the three wires to make a shank, bent them around the mandrel, and then split the ends 3 ways.
 
 
 
 
I bent each end of the three way around opposing sides of the filigree, and then coated it all with Vintaj Glaze by Ranger Ink
 
 
After letting it dry a couple of minutes, I produced a brand-new statement ring. Tah dah!!! What do you think? It catches the light so well!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wire Wrapped Cage Sea Glass Pendant Sketch

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color