DIY Aerogarden 7 Reflector Power - Grow Light Booster

We received an Aerogarden 7 for Christmas. We are very excited to try gardening indoors, and we are hoping that this will be a jump on healthier living.

Here's what it looks like on their website:

Here's how it looks now. 



We have set it up just a couple day ago, and I saw the Youtube video
Grow Light Boosters Time Lapse:

So, I decided to make one with what I had.  I cut open an oversized cardboard box.


I cut a slit for the lamp power cord.


Sized it to make sure it wrapped around only three sides.


I ate a bag of chips with the family. For science. of course.


I cut open the bag, cleaned it and used it for reflector material.


I taped the bag, along with some aluminum foil to the box while taking care to make sure it folded up around the Aerogarden.



Here it is, all set up. Wish us luck, please. I am hoping to get a bounty of herbs: basil, dill, cilantro, chives, parsley, thyme and mint.


Comments

  1. Did you see a difference with the reflector?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still using the light booster? I just got one & was wondering how this would work with the automatic setting .
    Thanks!!!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT