Quickie DIY: Vintage Earrings Refashion to Fringe Cone Earrings

I found this cute pair of vintage cone shaped pierced earrings at one of my favorite local thrift shops: Kathleen's Closet. Their sales support the Community Food Bank of NJ. I love finding bargains that help the Food Bank and other helping organizations.

I bought this pair with the plan of using this as part of a DIY.


I had these fringe beads sitting in my stash... they turned to be perfect for this quickie DIY. I bought them last year on clearance from Michaels.


I selected the brown, black, red and silver fringe bead strands because they were the only duplicate colors. I took them off the chain, and separated them; one for each side.


I took a gold tone head pin and threaded it through the top of each cone.


I threaded the beaded strands onto each head pin.


Then, I curled each wire and trimmed them.


Last step... I bent the wire back up into the cone.


Here I am, modeling my new creation. Not bad for about 10 minutes of hands-on time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color