Vintage Milk Bottle Turned DIY Diffuser Quickie DIY

I found a vintage milk bottle while walking through a nature preserve near my home, and I was inspired to make a diffuser.

This is the finished DIY project.


I started with the bottle, after cleaning all the dirt that had built up inside and on it. The added charm is that is a half-pint (1940s era) from Sterling Davis Dairy, which was from Wrightstown, NJ. It makes me smile that I can give a forgotten item from my home state some new life.


I have some Phlox plants that are in my front yard. It's the end of the season, so I cut off some dried stems for conducting the scented oil.


This is the scented oil I chose. They are from the local Dollar Tree.  Sugar Cookie and Pumpkin Pie are very complementary.


These are the Phlox stems, after I cut them.


This is a cross-section of a stem. It acts as a straw.


It's easy to cut and arrange the stems.


The last step.... pour in the scented oils.


The finished project:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT