Golden Sculpey Clay Cuff Bangle Bracelet with Upcycled Vintage Pin Focal

I inherited a vintage pin with a broken pinback. Oh, what to do? I decided to make it a focal point to a golden swirled Sculpey Clay cuff style bangle bracelet.

Step 1: Prepare the pinback



I turned over this pinback and broke of the remaining bits of the pin, but I left the brackets that hold the pin. I really liked the detailing with the faux gold and faux pearls!

Step 2: Prepare the clays

I had three different colors of Sculpey Premo Accent Golds: 18k Gold, Antique Gold, and Gold. I chopped them into pieces, and swirled them, flatten them several times. 






Here's the link to the colors.

Step 3: Make the Cuff

I rolled the clay to match up with the size of the premo! Sculpey® Cuff Bracelet


It's a reuseable metal form to make cuffs. 





Then, I set some broken "pearl chain" into the borders of the cuff.  After that. I took the broken brooch and embedded into the clay. 

Step 4: Bake, Cool and Enjoy

I baked the cuff and the embedded components, per the Sculpey website's directions. 
Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 30 minutes per 1/4” (6 mm) thickness.

After the bracelet was baked and cooled, I slowly and gently peeled the clay away from the bracelet form. Finally, I added a couple of drops of epoxy under the pin to reinforce the bond. I let it cure, and wore the cuff the very next day.


Here it is, the finished project!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wire Wrapped Cage Sea Glass Pendant Sketch

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color