Quickie DIY: Broken Sterling Silver Earring to Ring Transformation

I was out thrifting one day, and saw what looked like a silver shield shaped pin.
Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a large pierced "orphaned" .925 silver and turquoise (resin?)earring. It had the post cut off and a pin back glued on to be worn as a pin.


I didn't like that function, so I pried off the pin back and used Amazing E-6000 Clear Adhesive ($3.99) , and a Sterling Silver Adjustable Ring #227850 (was $11.99, on clearance for $7.19) that I bought from Hobby Lobby in Millville, NJ on 04/18/12.

I glued the ring (yes...it's Sterling.... it has the .925 stamped on the inside) to concave side of the shield (where the pin back was). I let it cure overnight.

Ta dah!!!!! All done. I made another sterling silver "statement ring" of and it's a one-of-a-kind. Saint Salvage strikes again!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT