Crochet and Vintage Gauze Restyled and Upcycled Top

I found this sad cream colored top at a Goodwill by the Pound store. It was looking a little rough, but had potential. This is the front of the top.


This is the back. Really cute. 


I inherited this dress from my mom, when she passed last year. I really like the lightness, but it's really long and had some stains.

                          

                             


I cut the bottom tier off. You can see the lining left behind here.





















I gathered that bottom tier and pinned it to the crochet part of the top.




       


I hand-sewed that bottom tier to that crocheted upper part. Then, I took out a roll of Stitch Witchery, and used it on the inside, between the lower tier and the crocheted part (the hem/ seam allowance area).



                         

Then I used the iron-on seam tape on top of the frayable part of the inside gathered seams.

                           


Here I am, modeling the finished product. It's perfectly light and floaty. It's great for summer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT