Vintage Red Coach Crossbody Bag Rescued from Goodwill and Revived with Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Spray Paint

I was trolling the local thrift stores, and I bought this abused vintage Coach crossbody bag at a local Goodwill store. It was priced for $19.99, but it was 50% off, because green tags were the "special" color.



It was "ridden hard and put away wet", so to speak. It's a Coach, for fashion's sake! No logos all over it. I really like the vintage Coach bags that don't have logos.


It even had an ink mark on the underside of the flap. Ugh, so sad. But, it became a great candidate for a makeover!


The creed (aka serial number) is 767-1839.


So, I got some thin masking tape from the tool box....


I taped up everything that shouldn't get sprayed: the hardware, and a beaded tassel that was on an old bag that has passed on. I also took great care to get a can of Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric Coating in HVP-107 Deep Red to match the original purse color. I bought it for $1.39, at a local hardware store.


I sprayed the paint in light layers, and let it dry completely.


Then, I took the masking tape off and put the strap back together. I also put the "Coach" tag back on and added the beaded tassel.


And.... as a bonus.... the ink stain was completely covered!


Here it is, ready to go out on the town... Saint Salvage strikes again!



Comments

  1. You painted the purse? I just ordered a vintage coach, it's red also. I think I'm going to just get some kinda leather treatment to revive it...if needed. Your purse looks shiny, is it? Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT