Mexican Blanket Patched and Embroidered Converse High Top Sneakers
After washing and drying the sneakers completely, I put household cleaner bottles inside the sneakers. This is to help support the bonding process. Shoe Goo came in handy again.
piecing process. I wanted those diamond shapes to be on the outside of the sneakers.
Of course, I had to make sure that the Converse "Chuck Taylor" logo wasn't covered.
Here's the inner parts, with stripes all lining up to make sure that the logo is not covered.
Here's the heel end, after having the gray and off-white striped pieces being glued on.
Now, the embroidering part.... the same embroidery floss I used for repairing the gray and burgundy cashmere sweater.
I embroidered up and down up and down the tongue. I used a blanket stitch around the edges.
I sewed up all the patches all together. I wanted it all to have that patchy feeling.
Here's the inner side, with the embroidery stitches up down and all around.
Now, to lace it up! I used some round nose pliers to poke holes through the blanket.
Just poke a hole through the blanket, and then push the new laces through....
Here's the finished product..... Front view.
The inner side...
The outer side.....
Ta-dah! Saint Salvage strikes again!