Denim Ottoman Cube Upcycle Reclaimed Trash to Treasure

 
I was in the Millville location of Hobby Lobby during July 2012, and I saw a foam cube - shaped denim ottoman. The price was on clearance for around $50. I took a picture of it, and it was put on a future project list.
 
 
 
So.... on last week, I stumbled upon an ottoman at the curb. Yes... destined for the trash.

 
So, I cleaned it...

 
Then, I cut up some scrap jeans that we've had. This piece was from one of the legs. It's on the lid.

 
I cut up more, and pinned them to the sides and sewed them to the sides.

 
I cut off the patches off the jeans, and sewed them to the top, and hot glued them to the sides.

 
Lastly, I had some goldenrod colored rickrack type of trim that came as part of a bulk deal from an estate sale. I hot-glued them to the edges of the lid, and then to the bottom edges of the sides.

Ta-dah.... all done! Saint Salvage strikes again..... For next-to-nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT