My Solo Trip to New York City: Mood Fabrics, Vintage Manhattan, FIT Museum on April 9, 2016

I took a "pilgrimage" type of trip to NYC on April 9, 2016. I had a few targets in mind: The Manhattan Vintage sale (it's held every spring and fall), Mood Designer Fabrics, the Garment District, the Fashion Walk of Fame, and Fashion Institute of Technology's Museum. Sadly, it was raining and raw outside, so I stayed with the plan as closely as possible.

I started by driving to the NJ Transit's Middletown, NJ station.

I took the train to Penn Station in NYC. I took a lot of pictures of their map, to minimze using my phone's data. 


                                




I decided to "hoof it" to the Garment District first.

 


I stepped out of the freezing cold rain, and stepped into a place I've been yearning to visit for a LONG time..... Mood Designer Fabrics


Guess who I got to meet???? The one, the only, the famous Swatch!!! He's such a sweetie pie!


Yes, folks..... Season 15 of Project Runway will be coming. I love you guys! 


I made three purchases. Leather braided trim, suede trim and a "Thank You, Mood" t-shirt! I'm such a nerd! I will use the trim on an upcoming project and I can't wear the shirt.





          


I got to see the Garment Worker by Judith Weller statue, despite the cold rain. He sits near the Giant Button & Needle Sculpture in the Garment District. It's near Parsons School of Design.


I strolled down the Fashion Walk of Fame. I saw many familiar names, including Halston.


I walked down to the Manhattan Vintage event, and "hunted" a little bit. I bought two pair of vintage earrings. I saw a lot of other things I liked, but they were either not my size, or not in my budget.


My last stop before going back to Penn Station, and going back to NJ.... 

I saw two exhibits: Denim: Fashion's Frontier





I was a tired, but very pleased traveler. I can't wait for my next fashion-gasm in New York City. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mend and Make Do: Repairing Small Moth Holes in a Cashmere Sweater

How to Dye a Leather Purse with Spray Paint Color

Trip to Philadelphia, PA to Theatre of Living Arts to see RATT